What is eco-friendly packaging?
The term eco-friendly packaging refers to any packaging options that are easily recyclable and are produced used environmentally friendly methods and materials.
What types of eco-friendly packaging can Packagingblue produce?
We have the capability to produce a wide range of branded eco-friendly boxes, bags, sleeves, and dividers in custom sizes, styles, shapes, and quantities that meet your specific requirements. Please contact our support team for a free price quote.
What type of eco-friendly printing processes does Packagingblue use?
In addition to using recycled materials, we also use environmentally friendly soy-based inks and lamination materials.
What finishing options are available for eco-friendly packaging?
For eco-friendly packaging orders, recyclable lamination film is available upon request. In addition, gloss AQ, varnish, and satin coating options are also available.
||White: Uncoated Stock, Textured Stock
Brown: Natural Brown Kraft Card Stock
White Front Coloured Back: CCNB (Grey Back), CCKB (Kraft Back)
Shipping Boxes: Brown Corrugated Stock or Forte
||Cardstock Thickness: 300 gsm, 350 gsm, 450 gsm, 600 gsm, Custom
Corrugated Stock: 3-ply corrugated
||Lamination: Gloss, Matte, Sandy Matte, Soft Touch, Linen
Coating: Gloss AQ, Satin, Varnish, Spot UV, Flood UV
Scoring and Gluing
|SKU# || EBCP-102 |
Minimizing Environmental Impact: An Introduction to Eco-Friendly Packaging
When designing environmentally-friendly packaging, it is useful to keep in mind the Three R concept. This concept refers to principles that promote sustainable practices in packaging design and production. The three Rs stand for:
- Reduce: This principle encourages reducing the amount of material used in packaging as much as possible. Using less packaging minimizes environmental impacts and saves companies money on materials and shipping.
- Reuse: It refers to designing packaging in such a way so that can be reused multiple times. For instance, some companies make packaging that can be returned and reused or has a secondary use after it fulfills its primary function.
- Recycle: This principle involves using materials that can be recycled and encourages customers to recycle the packaging once they are done with it. Companies can also use packaging materials made from previously recycled content.
Eco-friendly boxes are a type of sustainable packaging solution that is specifically designed to minimize environmental impact and follow the sustainability concepts outlined above. Eco-friendly boxes are typically manufactured from recycled or renewable materials and are often biodegradable or compostable, making them a responsible choice for a wide range of industries. The environment-friendly properties of these boxes make them a popular packaging choice for businesses that prioritize sustainability in their product development roadmaps. Choosing eco-friendly packaging is a win-win situation for manufacturers and the environment. Along with the positive impacts on the environment, using eco-friendly packaging can enhance a company's image and appeal to consumers that are conscious of sustainability impacts. The use of eco-friendly materials and manufacturing processes can also lead to long-term savings due to reduced materials usage and lower shipping costs. In addition, eco-friendly packaging can also help businesses comply with environmental regulations.
Sustainable Solutions: Different Types of Eco-Friendly Packaging
Several types of eco-friendly product packaging that you can easily source in the market include:
- Corrugated Boxes: These are durable, thick boxes that are great for larger and heavier items. The durability of corrugated boxesis due to their composition of three layers of paperboard. These layers consist of an interior liner, an outer liner, and a fluting that runs between them.
- Chipboard Packaging: This type of packaging is used for lightweight items and is cheaper than other forms of paperboard packaging. You can often find chipboard packaging in products such as cereal boxes, shoe boxes, and other consumer goods.
- Folding Cartons: These boxes, also known as paperboard boxes or cardboard boxes, are versatile and used for various products ranging from food to cosmetics. Folding cartonsare typically made up of a single layer of white card or greyboard and are often printed with vibrant colours and graphics.
- Paper Bags: Simple yet effective, paper bagsare mainly used for shopping and food packaging. They are available in many different sizes and can be easily recycled.
- Molded Pulp Packaging: This type of packaging is made from recycled paperboard and/or newsprint. It is widely used for packaging electronics, wine bottles, eggs, and other fragile items as it can be molded into various shapes and provides excellent protection.
- Kraft Boxes: Kraft boxes, or Kraft paper boxes, are an excellent environmentally friendly packaging option. These boxes are recyclable and biodegradable, with no harmful chemicals used in their production. In addition, their versatile nature makes them suitable for various packaging needs. Kraft packaging is widely used across many different industries including food, cosmetics, and apparel.
- Sustainable Cardboard Trays: Biodegradable and compostable, these trays are often used for food packaging. Cardboard trayscan be molded into different shapes according to specific product and branding requirements.
- Paperboard Sleeves: Used often in combination with other materials, sleevesoffer an additional layer of protection and can carry branded messaging.
While eco-friendly packaging is more sustainable than regular packaging, it is important to remember that eco-friendly packaging still requires energy and other resources to produce and recycle. Therefore, minimizing the amount of required packaging and associated waste is crucial.